VICTORIA Beckham has posted a heartfelt tribute to “humble” husband David Beckham following his Knighthood.
The former Manchester United footballer, 50, was bestowed the honour by King Charles on Tuesday, with the sports ace gushing it was his “proudest moment”.
His wife – the newly appointed Lady Victoria, 51 – and parents Ted and Sandra Beckham watched on proudly as he received the coveted accolade, for services to sport and charity.
The former Spice Girl, who gave her spouse a special present in the form of a personally-designed three piece suit, has now spoken out on the special day on Instagram.
She posted a series of snaps from the event, showing her in a strapless black dress paired with point toe heels and a fascinator with veil detail.
The pair were also flanked by three of their four kids – Romeo , 23, Cruz, 20, and Harper, 14 – with eldest son Brooklyn noticeably absent amid their feud.
read more victoria beckham
Yet singer-turned-fashion-designer Victoria was eager to make the day fully about her man and wrote in her sweet caption: “David, from the moment I met you 28 years ago, you’ve always been so proud to represent your country.
Whether on or off the pitch, no one loves England or respects our Royal Family more, so to see you honoured by The King today is something I’ll forever cherish.
“You’ve achieved so much, and yet you’re still the same kind, humble, hardworking man I met nearly 30 years ago, as well as the most amazing husband and father.
‘I’ve never felt prouder than I do today.
“Sir @davidbeckham, we all love you so much xxx”
David previously received an OBE in 2003 for services to football.
He received it from Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace, watched by proud Victoria, sons Brooklyn and Romeo, and his grandparents.
Then in June, the pair learned that footie legend Becks would be knighted in the King’s Birthday Honours.
LONG WAIT
It marks the end of an agonising wait for the charity ambassador, who was first put forward for a knighthood in 2011.
Earlier this year, Sir David said he was “immensely proud” of being recognised in the King’s Birthday Honours.
He was nominated after helping to secure the London 2012 Olympics, but was initially blocked.
Honours Committee prevented him after he became caught up in a tax avoidance scheme, along with many other stars.
He retired from football in 2013, and his finances were cleared by the taxman at least four years ago.
That then paved the way for him to finally get the coveted honour.
PURE PRIDE
David exclusively told The Sun he wept tears of pride following the ceremony at Windsor Castle.
Becks said to us: “It’s been a very emotional day.”
Talking of how his kids would refer to him he joked; “I’m not insisting — if they would like to call me Sir Dad or Sir Son, they can.
“But no, it’s going to take some getting used to people saying it. It’s just a huge honour.”
He then told us: “Today has been such an emotional day — more emotion than nerves, in all honesty.
“There have been a few tears and a lot of emotion.
“It’s been a very special day.
“It’s something that we can all be proud of today as a family.
“To have grown up in the East End of London, always dreaming of becoming a professional footballer, always wanting to play for Manchester United and represent my country, everything else that’s come after that has been so special.
“To have my parents there today, to have my wife there to celebrate with my children, it makes it a very emotional day.
“To receive such an important honour from His Majesty the King — one of the most elegant men, and someone from the most important and respected institution in the world.
“For me, as a boy from Leytonstone, to have stood today in front of His Majesty, knighted in Windsor Castle — it’s a very surreal moment.
“It makes it even more special to be receiving it for not just my career and my sport, but the charity work that I’ve done for a very long time.”











