TYSON FURY has claimed his latest boxing retirement will be the last as he admits he has “no reason” to return, even if offered £1bn.
The Gypsy King has been staying away from the sport since his rematch defeat to Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk in December 2024.
Shortly after the loss he announced his retirement.
But Frank Warren reckons Fury intends to return to the sport in 2026.
The 37-year-old has been linked with a clash against two-time unified heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua.
Fury previously called for a second rematch against Usyk, although nothing has materialised.
The dad-of-seven retired in April 2022 after a victory against Dillian Whyte ,but came out of his retirement six months later to fight Derek Chisora in a trilogy bout.
However, speaking on Wednesday, Fury was adamant that this is his final retirement.
“There’s no actual reason for me to go back in the boxing ring,” Fury told YouTube channel FuoriciTV.
“I’m 37 years old, I’ve been punched for the last 25 years, what do I want to go back to boxing for?
BEST FREE BETS AND BETTING SIGN UP OFFERS
“It used to be for the money, the titles, but now I’ve got more money than I can spend, I’ve got unlimited amounts of belts and titles, and does it make me any happier? No.
“Was the chase better than the victory? Yes. The climb was better than the mountain peak, to be fair. Always the case.
“I could go back to boxing at any given time, but I just don’t want to.”
Fury fans will definitely have doubts due to the Gypsy King’s “spontaneous” nature, as wife Paris Fury describes it.
But the former world heavyweight champion made it extremely clear he does not intend on returning to the sport anytime soon.
He said: “You could offer me £1bn today, and it wouldn’t move the needle, because I’ve gone past that point of caring about what other people think.
“Boxing doesn’t take any prisoners, it only takes casualties. So for me to be sat here, all my faculties in order, won every belt, made loads of money, and not got a scratch on me, I’ve done really well there.
“But I don’t want to tempt fate. I don’t want to keep going back and back to the well because how many times can you keep doing it without getting brain damage or whatever else? Not being able to walk in a straight line, it’d all be pointless then.”
But fans won’t have to say goodbye to the Fury fighting clan forever as cousin Hughie Fury has confirmed he will return to fight fellow Brit Michael Webster in Rotterdam.
Hughie is following in his cousin’s footsteps and working towards a world heavyweight shot next year after recovering from a broken hand.
Tommy Fury, Tyson’s half-brother, has also expressed his desire to fight more frequently after a victory against Kenan Hanjalic in May.











