Strictly Come Dancing’s La Voix is forced to pull out of the competition after suffering injury as Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman dazzle in ball gowns for their last ever Blackpool Tower Week

Strictly Come Dancing star La Voix has sadly been forced to pull out of the competition, it was announced as Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman took to the dancefloor for their last ever Blackpool Tower Week. 

The Drag Race star, 45, real name Christopher Dennis, was forced to drop out of the upcoming Blackpool special this weekend after suffering an injury.

And as the show kicked off on Saturday, Tess and Claudia dazzled in stunning ballgowns for their last ever Blackpool Week – after the duo announced they are leaving the show after the end of this series. 

However Strictly fans were met with disappointing news as the pair confirmed that La Voix had been told by medics she could not continue on with the competition. 

The drag queen was spotted in the front row of the audience looking forlorn as the announcement was made.  

Minutes later the remaining celebrities were left shocked as Tess revealed that nobody would be going home this week, with the dance off cancelled.  

Strictly Come Dancing star La Voix has sadly been forced to pull out of the competition, it was announced at the start of Blackpool week

Strictly Come Dancing star La Voix has sadly been forced to pull out of the competition, it was announced at the start of Blackpool week 

Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman took to the dancefloor for their last ever Blackpool Tower Week

First to take to the dancefloor was Lewis Cope and his professional partner Katya Jones who performed a Charleston. 

The dance left judge Anton Du Beke speechless and Craig Revel Horwood had just one word for it, ‘Fabulous’. 

The astounding dance gave Lewis his second perfect score of 40, after he was the first celebrity to achieve it this series. 

Next up was Balvinder Sopal and her dance partner, newbie Julian Caillon, with an Argentine Tango. 

Despite looking disappointed with her performance, Balvinder impressed the judges, with Motsi Mabuse calling her the ‘comeback queen’ – as a result of facing four dance offs. 

The band took to the ballroom floor with a medley of their hit tracks, which included Tragedy.

The Strictly professionals wowed the audience with a very glitzy accompanying number, where they were later joined on the dance floor by the judges and celebrity contestants. 

One star who sadly won’t be taking to the Blackpool Tower ballroom is drag queen La Voix, who had to pull out earlier this week due to injury. 

The drag queen was spotted in the front row of the audience looking forlorn as the announcement was made

The drag queen was spotted in the front row of the audience looking forlorn as the announcement was made

Tess and Claudia confirmed that La Voix had been told by medics she could not continue on with the competition

Tess and Claudia confirmed that La Voix had been told by medics she could not continue on with the competition

First to take to the dancefloor was Lewis Cope and his professional partner Katya Jones who performed a Charleston

First to take to the dancefloor was Lewis Cope and his professional partner Katya Jones who performed a Charleston

The astounding dance gave Lewis his second perfect score of 40, after he was the first celebrity to achieve it this series

The astounding dance gave Lewis his second perfect score of 40, after he was the first celebrity to achieve it this series

La Voix shared her sadness on Saturday just hours ahead of the show’s iconic Blackpool performance. 

And after hitting back at fans who cruelly suggested she had faked her injury to get out of the performance, La Voix took to Instagram as she marked the ‘sad day’. 

After she was gifted a bouquet of flowers from Blossom & Ivy, La Voix shared a snap as she penned: ‘Thank you so much Darlings @blossom_and_ivy. 

‘This really is a gorgeous surprise on an otherwise sad day of not dancing in Blackpool’. 

Explaining her injury earlier this week on It Takes Two, La Voix told host Janette Manrara: ‘This has been ongoing since the foxtrot. 

‘I felt a little niggle in my foot, hence comments about me being flat-footed. I was thinking this will be fine, but it got gradually worse.

‘Until, on Saturday, we had to change shoes. I couldn’t wear heels. I had to wear those awful flat shoes.

‘We tried on Monday and it was really clear I was struggling, in pain, so we decided to be professional and call this, hoping with some rest I can be back.’

And after hitting back at fans who cruelly suggested she had faked her injury to get out of the performance, La Voix took to Instagram as she marked the 'sad day'

And after hitting back at fans who cruelly suggested she had faked her injury to get out of the performance, La Voix took to Instagram as she marked the ‘sad day’ 

A day later La Voix took to Instagram to share an update with fans. 

She said: ‘Good morning my darlings. As I’m looking on social media and everyone is on their way to Blackpool, I am off for an MRI scan to see what is actually going on with my foot.

‘I have a bone bruise, which is basically from the repetition of being in the heels and it’s on where my toe joins my foot.

‘It’s like a deep bone bruise, which basically if I keep working on could become a stress fracture. Which obviously means a broken foot which is six to eight weeks off my foot in a boot.

‘Which would be awful, so luckily they’ve caught it up before it has got to that stage. 

‘And as I said on It Takes Two to the physio team, the whole of the BBC Strictly team have been amazing.

Luckily La Voix and dance partner Aljaž will be able to continue in the competition due to the show rules. 

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.