STRICTLY has been left reeling as one of the contestants has had to withdraw from the competition due to injury.
It came at one of the most important moments in every series of Strictly – the Blackpool stage.
But BBC bosses have confirmed during tonight’s live show at the Blackpool Tower that La Voix won’t be returning to the BBC One dance contest.
She had to step down from competing this week due to a foot injury, but it was hoped she’d be able to return next week.
However the drag artist, 45, who is partnered with Aljaz Skorjanec, won’t be coming back.
The new was revealed at the start of tonight’s live show, with host Tess Daly telling viewers: “We can confirm she has very sadly had to withdraw from the competition.”
More on Strictly Come Dancing
An insider said: “Obviously this is utterly devastating and couldn’t have come at a worst time as every competitor really wants to reach the Blackpool stage.
“Plus at this point in the competition the final is almost within touching distance and La Voix had impressive both the judges and the viewers at home.
“Her commitment to the dance and improving every week was obvious and she provided massive entertainment.”
This week La Voix – real name Christopher Dennis – opened up on the injury which saw doctors advise her to rest, which meant she wouldn’t be performing in Blackpool.
Appearing on It Takes Two on Wednesday the performer said that she felt a “niggle in my foot” whilst performing the foxtrot last week, and things soon got “worse and worse”.
She added: “We tried on Monday to learn this week’s dance but it was clear that I was really struggling and in pain.”
“Until, on Saturday, we had to change shoes. I couldn’t wear heels. I had to wear those awful flat shoes.”
When asked by presenter Janette Manrara whether they will be back after the Blackpool weekend, La Voix replied: “I hope so.”
They then added: “Some people have said online that it’s just because I wanted to get out of doing the samba.
“I was desperate to get to Blackpool and do the samba. The production that was planned is going to be incredible.’
In a statement released by the BBC this week, La Voix said: “My heart truly breaks knowing I won’t be dancing in such an iconic venue.”
She continued: “I am devastated not to be joining the rest of the cast on that famous dancefloor, but my focus now is on recovery.
“I’ll be cheering on all the amazing couples this weekend.”
The BBC were approached for comment.
It comes after Dani Dyer had to quit the competition before the first live show after fracturing her ankle in rehearsals.
And Neighbours star Stefan Dennis also had to pull out after suffering a horrific calf muscle tear while preparing to take to the dance floor.
It comes as The Sun revealed yesterday a show star has been arrested for raping a woman after a BBC event.
The woman who claims she was assaulted was not a contestant or pro dancer on the Bafta-winning show.
The pair had met as a result of the star’s participation in the flagship contest.











