Strictly celebs scream in shock as Tess Daly reveals no one will be eliminated this week – after La Voix was forced to pull out of the competition due to injury

Strictly Come Dancing celebrities cheered in delight as Tess Daly revealed that no one will be eliminated this week – just minutes after it was announced La Voix was forced to withdraw from the competition due to injury.

During Saturday evening’s instalment of the glitzy ballroom series, host Tess Daly, 56, delighted contestants and the audience with the news. 

She said: ‘This year, Blackpool is going to be even more special… Listen up, everyone, because we have an announcement.

Smiling from ear-to-ear, she continued: ‘We can confirm no one will be leaving Strictly this weekend.’

The contestants erupted in joy, safe in the knowledge that there will be no dance-off on Sunday evening, as the ballroom itself also rang with cheers. 

Several viewers took to X to share their excitement, while others questioned the point of the results show if no one is going home. 

Strictly Come Dancing celebrities cheered in delight as Tess Daly revealed that no one will be eliminated this week - just minutes after La Voix was forced to withdraw from the competition

Strictly Come Dancing celebrities cheered in delight as Tess Daly revealed that no one will be eliminated this week – just minutes after La Voix was forced to withdraw from the competition

During Saturday evening's instalment of the glitzy ballroom series, host Tess Daly, 56, and Claudia Winkleman, 53, delighted contestants and the audience with the news

During Saturday evening’s instalment of the glitzy ballroom series, host Tess Daly, 56, and Claudia Winkleman, 53, delighted contestants and the audience with the news

One fan wrote: ‘So ** is the point in the results show tomorrow if nobody’s going home?’; 

‘I’m behind on Strictly but NO ELIMINATION??? LETS GOOOOOO’; ‘Yes cancel the dance off every week.’ 

‘I’m just glad Bal is going to make it through to next week, great news! Sorry to La Voix fans.’  

Earlier in the evening, Tess gave viewers a sad update on La Voix, live from the Tower Ballroom in Blackpool. 

She said: ‘You may have heard, La Voix sustained an injury, meaning that she can’t dance in Blackpool tonight. 

‘And following further advice from our medical team, we can now confirm she has very sadly had to withdraw from the competition.’ 

Cameras then cut to La Voix, who appeared to be holding back tears as the audience gave her a round of applause. 

The update comes after the singer had been forced to drop out of the Blackpool special after suffering an injury. 

The cheer came just minutes after it was announced La Voix was forced to withdraw from the competition due to injury (pictured on the show)

The cheer came just minutes after it was announced La Voix was forced to withdraw from the competition due to injury (pictured on the show)

She said: 'This year, Blackpool is going to be even more special... Listen up, everyone, because we have an announcement. We can confirm no one will be leaving Strictly this weekend'

She said: ‘This year, Blackpool is going to be even more special… Listen up, everyone, because we have an announcement. We can confirm no one will be leaving Strictly this weekend’

The contestants erupted in joy, safe in the knowledge that there will be no dance-off on Sunday evening, as the ballroom itself also rang with cheers

The contestants erupted in joy, safe in the knowledge that there will be no dance-off on Sunday evening, as the ballroom itself also rang with cheers

Several viewers took to X (formerly Twitter) to share their excitement, while others questioned the point of the results show if no one is going home

Several viewers took to X (formerly Twitter) to share their excitement, while others questioned the point of the results show if no one is going home

La Voix was left ‘devastated and heartbroken’ after being advised by doctors to rest and focus on recovery. 

Speaking in a statement, the Drag Race star, 45, real name Christopher Dennis, said: ‘It is with immense sadness that I have to withdraw from this weekend’s Strictly Come Dancing shows in Blackpool. 

‘Due to an injury, I’ve been advised that I’m unable to perform, and my heart truly breaks knowing I won’t be dancing in such an iconic venue.

‘Aljaž and I have worked incredibly hard, and we were so excited to share our routine with everyone. 

‘I am devastated not to be joining the rest of the cast on that famous dancefloor, but my focus now is on recovery. I’ll be cheering on all the amazing couples this weekend.’ 

A Strictly spokesperson explained at the time: ‘Due to injury, La Voix has been advised by doctors to rest and, as a result, will not dance in this weekend’s Blackpool specials.

‘In line with the rules of Strictly Come Dancing, La Voix and Aljaž will receive a bye through to next week when it is hoped they will be able to dance again. 

‘We wish La Voix the very best for a speedy recovery.’ 

Strictly Come Dancing airs Saturdays and Sundays on BBC One and is available to stream on iPlayer. 

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.