Shocking moment brawl erupts after football game with man repeatedly punched outside changing rooms

THIS is the shocking moment a brawl erupts after a football game with a man repeatedly punched outside the changing rooms.

The incident took place following an amateur football match in Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland on Saturday.

Shocking scenes unfolded during an amateur football game in Northern Ireland on Saturday
A brawl erupted outside the changing rooms after the game
Footage on social media showed one man repeatedly punched

Kelvin Old Boys FC under-21s were facing Westland Young Men FC in a Belfast District Football League cup game at Mallusk Playing Fields in County Antrim.

Outrageous footage swirled on social media after the game showing shocking scenes of violence.

One clip circulating showed chaos unfolding with fights between players breaking out on the pitch.

Another clip then shows several men attacking an opposition player after the game.

‘LION-HEARTED’

Legendary former West Ham player and manager Billy Bonds dies aged 79


NEIGH WAY!

Moment jockey knocked off inches from victory by another horse’s head

A brawl breaks out outside the changing room with one man seen repeatedly punching another in the head.

Meanwhile, an altercation appears to be taking place at the door to the changing rooms with another man throwing a punch.

Kelvin Old Boys FC claimed the game “started to turn ugly” before branding the incident after the match a “total disgrace”.

They later claimed that the player was on his own as he made his way to the changing room before he was “jumped” and added another couple of players who tried to help were also assaulted.

They said in a statement on Facebook: “Today our U21’s took on Westland Young Men in a BDFL Cup game. Despite it being senior men against U21 year old lads the boys put in a fantastic performance and were winning the game.

“The game then started to turn ugly with Westland young men putting in dirty challenges that started to frustrate our lads and also our management team.

“Our management team had words with the ref about the challenges and that things were going to get out of hand if he didn’t start to do something about it, the ref then commented and said it was the same with this team last week.

“What happened next was a total disgrace as some players from the Westland Young Men team started to beat some of our lads , not just at the end of the game but also continued to do so when back at the changing rooms.

“This is an absolute disgrace and no team should get away with this, especially if it’s an ongoing reoccurrence from the same team.

“The club will be taking this further to ensure that our lads are never in a position like this again.”

They later added that the video did not show the events leading up to the brawl and alleged one coach was assaulted and “sustained facial injuries”.

Westland Young Men FC also released a statement on social media on Saturday claiming the footage was not an “accurate representation” of what happened.

They said: “The committee of Westland YM FC are aware of the videos circulating social media regarding todays match. This is not an accurate representation of todays events.

“The club will make an official statement in due course.”

Police have since launched an appeal for information following the incident on Saturday.

A spokesperson for PSNI said: “Police in Newtownabbey are appealing for information in relation to an assault which took place around 3pm yesterday. This followed a football match at Mallusk Playing Fields.

“Anyone who witnessed this assault, which took place at the changing rooms, should contact Police on 101 quoting reference 1381 29/11/25.”

Police have now launched an appeal for information

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.