Met Police officers scouring Andrew accuser Virginia Giuffre’s posthumous memoir for fresh leads

Metropolitan Police detectives are poring over the posthumous memoirs of the woman who accused Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor of sexual abuse.

The Mail on Sunday has learnt that officers are examining Virginia Giuffre’s book as part of a ‘scoping exercise’ into revelations by this newspaper about Andrew’s links to paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

The Mail on Sunday last month revealed a bombshell email in which Andrew asked his taxpayer-funded Met bodyguard to investigate Ms Giuffre and passed him her date of birth and confidential social security number. The Met said at the time that it was ‘actively looking into the claims’.

Days later, the memoirs of Ms Giuffre – who took her own life in April aged 41 – were published, in which she accused Andrew of being ‘entitled, as if he believed having sex with me was his birthright’.

The book, Nobody’s Girl, also described three occasions when Ms Giuffre alleged Andrew had sex with her.

Andrew has repeatedly and vehemently denied her claims.

Sources this weekend said that as well as probing the email Andrew sent about his accuser, officers are also looking closely at Ms Giuffre’s book to see whether it contains any new leads.

The MoS understands that detectives have not yet spoken to Andrew.

Virginia Giuffre with a photo of herself as a teenager, when she says she was abused by Jeffrey Epstein, Virginia Giuffre and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, among others

Virginia Giuffre with a photo of herself as a teenager, when she says she was abused by Jeffrey Epstein, Virginia Giuffre and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, among others

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (pictured), formerly the Duke of York, has been stripped of all of his royal titles

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (pictured), formerly the Duke of York, has been stripped of all of his royal titles

The Met is, however, expected to announce before Christmas whether it is launching a formal investigation.

The late Ms Giuffre, in her book Nobody’s Girl, described how she dressed in outfits that reminded her of her idols Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera to first meet Andrew when she was 17.

She was pictured in the ‘pink V-necked, sleeveless mini T-shirt and a sparkly, multicolored pair of jeans embroidered with a pattern of interlocking horses’ in the famous photo showing the then-duke with his arm around her waist at Ghislaine Maxwell‘s London flat in March 2001.

Ms Giuffre also recounted how the death of Diana, Princess of Wales left her scared, amid unproven claims the royal family was involved, and she alleged she had sex with Andrew, four years after the princess died, to keep ‘powerful’ people happy while she was in the UK. 

She claimed she was forced to have sex with the prince on three occasions, including when she was 17 and also during an orgy after being trafficked by paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein who died in a US prison in 2019.

Andrew vehemently denies the allegations.

He previously paid millions to Ms Giuffre to settle a civil sexual assault case, despite claiming never to have met her.

Ms Giuffre wrote how he hid behind ‘the well-guarded gates’ of Balmoral Castle, making it difficult for her lawyers to serve him with papers.

Nobody's Girl by Virginia Roberts Giuffre was published on October 21, 2025

Nobody’s Girl by Virginia Roberts Giuffre was published on October 21, 2025

She also said of her 2022 legal settlement with Andrew: ‘After casting doubt on my credibility for so long – Prince Andrew’s team had even gone so far as to try to hire internet trolls to hassle me – the Duke of York owed me a meaningful apology as well.’

She added: ‘We would never get a confession, of course. That’s what settlements are designed to avoid. But we were trying for the next best thing: a general acknowledgment of what I’d been through.’

Ms Giuffre described how she took part in two days of mediation, and her lawyer read the duke’s agreed settlement statement at 2.30am Florida time ‘through tears, both hers and mine’.

Ms Giuffre, who died by suicide in April, wrote an email to her co-writer Amy Wallace at the start of that month shortly after being involved in a car crash that said it was her ‘heartfelt wish that this work be published, regardless of my circumstances at the time’, and that it was still to be released in the event of her death.

‘The content of this book is crucial, as it aims to shed light on the systemic failures that allow the trafficking of vulnerable individuals across borders,’ she said in the email.

Ms Giuffre added: ‘In the event of my passing, I would like to ensure that Nobody’s Girl is still released. I believe it has the potential to impact many lives and foster necessary discussions about these grave injustices.’  

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.