KOBBIE MAINOO has reportedly told Manchester United he wants to make the move to Napoli.
The midfielder has been tipped with an exit from Old Trafford this summer after dropping down the pecking order.
Mainoo, 20, is yet to feature in the Premier League as he was an unused substitute in both games against Arsenal and Fulham.
He did play in the shock Carabao Cup exit to Grimsby Town on Wednesday evening.
The Mirror have now claimed that the academy product wants to go to Napoli.
It is added that United are currently blocking the seal after seeing the impact of Scott McTominay in Naples.
The Red Devils would be keen to avoid a repeat of last year’s transfer mistake over the Scotland international.
However, Mainoo is said to be “adamant” about making the move to Italy.
More to follow…
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY..
The Sun is your go to destination for the best football, boxing and MMA news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheSunFootball and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunFootball.