Dame Priti Patel has accused Sir Keir Starmer of putting Britain’s security and global reputation at risk for his own political survival.
She warned that anti-Semitism in the UK has surged to levels not seen since the Jeremy Corbyn era and that British Jews are being left unsafe.
It comes as Sir Keir pledged on Thursday to keep Jewish people ‘in my mind’s eye’ and tackle the ‘cultural issue’ of anti-Semitism.
In a hard-hitting interview with the Daily Mail, the Shadow Foreign Secretary said Labour was undermining vital intelligence cooperation with Israel, a key ally, as it is more concerned with pandering to party activists than defending Britain’s security.
‘When it comes to security and intelligence, that is a cooperation that can never, ever be broken or undermined. You’re seeing that direction with these people. That is simply not acceptable,’ she said.
Speaking on a three-day visit to Israel, Dame Priti said Labour had strained the once-strong partnership between the two nations, adding: ‘Israel is pivotal to our domestic security. And the way Israel contributes to security in the region affects Britain and British citizens.’
Relations have cooled since Labour first suspended arms licences during Israel’s war on Hamas in Gaza, then moved to recognise a Palestinian state.
Critics have warned that the UK has lost influence and that Israel no longer sees Britain as a strategic partner.
Dame Priti Patel pictured in Tel Aviv. The shadow foreign secretary warned that anti-Semitism in the UK has surged to levels not seen since the Jeremy Corbyn era
Dame Priti pictured at Kibbutz Kfar Azza during her three-day visit to Israel
The shadow foreign secretary met with hostages who were taken by Hamas after the October 7 attacks
Dame Priti pictured outside the Knesset. She said said Labour had strained the once-strong partnership between the two nations
Dame Priti said Britain and Israel face ‘common threats’ and warned the consequences of the breakdown in relations between the countries directly endanger the UK public.
‘They need to take a hard look at themselves, because of the jeopardy they bring to the British people, our country, our security, international standing and reputation.’
Dame Priti also attacked Sir Sadiq Khan, saying: ‘My major complaint is still with the mayor of London. He is responsible for allowing those vile, anti-Semitic hate marches, to get out of hand. Weekend after weekend, he’s facilitated them, and allowed them to grow. And that is an absolute disgrace.
‘Not only has he brought London to a standstill, he’s destroyed our reputation, our credibility as a safe city where people want to go, for the Jewish community, in particular.’
She called local authorities’ decision to ban Maccabi Tel Aviv fans from a match against Aston Villa this month a humiliation for Britain, accusing Labour of being ‘complicit and colluding’ after reports that West Midlands Police relied on ‘factually incorrect evidence’ to push for the ban.
Her comments reflect growing fear after the Manchester synagogue terror attack that killed two people last month.










