Hotel migrants appear in court charged with dragging woman, 33, on to UK beach and raping her in stranger attack

An image collage containing 3 images, Image 1 shows Ibrahim Alshafe, wearing a gray tracksuit, being escorted by an officer, Image 2 shows Karin Al-Danasurt handcuffed next to a police officer, Image 3 shows Brighton Palace Pier on a sunny summer morning with seagulls on the pebbled beach

THREE hotel migrants have appeared in court charged with dragging a woman on to a beach and raping her in a popular seaside town.

The men, who all arrived in the UK on small boats, are accused of targeting the 33-year-old in Brighton, East Sussex, after she left a club.

Karin Al-Danasurt has been charged with raping a womanCredit: Refer to source
Ibrahim Alshafe is also accused of carrying out the attack in BrightonCredit: Refer to source

Egyptians Karin Al-Danasurt, 20, and Ibrahim Alshafe, 35, and Abdulla Ahmadi, 25, from Iran, are charged with two counts of rape.

They appeared at Brighton Crown Court today where they had been due to enter pleas.

But the hearing was adjourned after a Kurdish interpreter failed to arrive for Ahmadi.

The men were all remanded into custody to appear at the same court in December, with a provisional trial set for next March.

SMASH TRAGEDY

Van driver ADMITS killing girl, 7, in crash as she returned home from shops


LET DOWN

Tragic Sara ‘failed by officials who went to WRONG home 2 days before murder’

Al-Danasurt and Alshafe live in the same taxpayer-funded asylum seeker hotel in West Sussex.

The court heard the alleged rape took place the day after Alshafe’s asylum claim was rejected.

Al-Danasurt meanwhile is being investigated for suspected immigration offences, it was said.

A probe was launched after the woman claimed she was attacked after leaving a nightclub in the early hours of October 4.

Prosecutor Melanie Wootton told the court previously: “This was a stranger rape on Brighton Beach by this accused with two others.

“Dragging a female to Brighton Beach and subjecting a female to a pretty terrifying ordeal.”

The 33-year-old victim is being supported by specialist officers as the force’s probe into the attack continues.

A Home Office spokesperson said: “These allegations are shocking and we share the public’s outrage. Our thoughts are with the victim of this horrific crime.

“We are receiving regular updates from Sussex Police. The priority must now be for the police to investigate so those responsible are brought to justice.”

Detective Superintendent Andy Harbour said: “This has been a fast-paced investigation with all three suspects having been identified through thorough investigative work.

“I commend the bravery of the victim who we continue to support with specialist officers.

“I understand how distressing this incident will be for the community and our dedicated partnership operations to protect women and girls will continue in earnest.

ZAYN’S RETURN

Zayn Malik ‘rejoins’ One Direction 10 years after quitting the band


bad boy

Real reason Becki Jones vanished for months – as we reveal new man’s criminal past

“Three men have been remanded in custody, and we are not currently looking for anyone else in connection with the investigation.

“If you have any information that could assist the investigation, please contact police online or via 101, quoting Operation Brampton.”

The trio are due to stand trial next yearCredit: TWPhotography

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.