Gordon Ramsay says there is ‘no way’ he will offer ‘Ozempic tasting menu’ saying ‘the problem’ is with diners for ‘eating too much in the first place’

Gordon Ramsay has revealed he will not be adding an ‘Ozempic tasting menu’ to his offerings, branding the concept ‘b*******’.

It comes after fellow chefs have embraced customers who use the weight loss injections.

Among them is Heston Blumenthal, who launched a menu featuring reduced portion size, which he described as a ‘mindful experience’, at the Fat Duck in Berkshire in September.

However, Ramsay, 58, confirmed during an interview with the Sunday Times that there is ‘no f****** way’ he will be ‘giving into the Mounjaro jab’.  

The famously foul-mouthed chef added: ‘The problem is with them [the diners] for eating too much in the first f***ing place.

‘There’s no way that we’re coming in with an Ozempic tasting menu to make you feel like less of a fat f*** by 10.30 in the evening.’

His comments top off a busy week for the chef, who hosted a celebration event for newly-knighted Sir David Beckham following the former footballer’s investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle on Tuesday.

Sir David, alongside wife Victoria, and their three youngest children – Romeo, Cruz, and daughter Harper – as well as his parents and other select friends, went to the chef’s eponymous Chelsea eatery.

Gordon Ramsay says there is 'no way' he will offer an 'Ozempic tasting menu' for diners using weight loss injections (pictured while appearing in Hell's Kitchen earlier this week)

Gordon Ramsay says there is ‘no way’ he will offer an ‘Ozempic tasting menu’ for diners using weight loss injections (pictured while appearing in Hell’s Kitchen earlier this week)

There, they enjoyed a three-course meal, featuring scallops garnished with caviar and edible flowers, Ramsay’s signature beef wellington, and jam poly poly (with Victoria reportedly sticking to her standard meal of sea bass).

Those attending the bash, which went on until around 1am, are believed to have washed their meal down with Sir David’s favourite red wine as well as Champagne.

Ramsay was seen beaming in a photograph taken by former footballer, who shared it online alongside the caption: ‘It was a night we’ll never forget.’

The prestigious party came a month after Ramsay hosted another high-profile event at one of his eateries –  this time at the Lucky Cat restaurant in Bishopsgate.

That bash marked the launch of Knife Edge, a new Apple TV documentary series for which Ramsay serves as executive producer. 

The show follows the trials and triumphs of chefs around the world as they pursue a coveted Michelin star. 

Ramsay has more plans in the pipeline too, with a Netflix fly-on-the-wall series set to air next year.

Filmed over nine months, the crew followed Ramsay as he launched a number of projects.

Gordon Ramsay's comments come after a busy week, during which he hosted a special party to mark Sir David Beckham's investiture ceremony

Gordon Ramsay’s comments come after a busy week, during which he hosted a special party to mark Sir David Beckham’s investiture ceremony 

Notably, among them was High, his intimate 12-seat restaurant offering panoramic city views and a £250 tasting menu (with an optional £210 wine pairing).

Located on the 60th floor of a skyscraper in London’s financial district – the same site as Lucky Cat – the eatery has the distinction of being Europe’s highest restaurant.

He is also set to open a Hell’s Kitchen restaurant in central London. Named after the show that made him famous, the UK location will follow his existing seven outlets in the States.

However, like others in the business, the restauranteur is facing tricky times, having made it through lockdown, only to face the cost of living crisis.

Despite the revenues of his group Gordon Ramsay Restaurants (GRR) rising from £95.6million to £133.9million last year, the group made a loss before tax of £12.6million – more than triple the previous £3.4million.

According to reports, the loss is not from poor trading but from the multi-million-pound spend on new restaurant launches.

And while he has opened new eateries, some of his more casual spots have closed down, with several of his Street Burger outlets shutting their doors despite having prime London locations, while a branch in Reading is listed as ‘temporarily closed’.

His Street Pizza chain, offering bottomless sourdough pizza at a fixed price, has also shut in Edinburgh, and a planned opening in Greenwich has yet to materialise.

In his more upmarket range, Bread Street Kitchen & Bar – which offers all-day ‘premium casual’ dining – also saw its Ealing branch close in 2023. 

However, the chef’s personal fortune is said to have remained robust, with an estimated net worth of £167million.

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.