ITALY’S deputy Prime Minister has called for the chemical castration of a mob of violent migrants who allegedly gang raped a teenager and forced her fiance to watch.
The 18-year-old woman was allegedly pulled from her partner’s car and gang raped, as her fiance was held down by other members of the group.
Anti-migration MP Matteo Salvini spoke out in the wake of police revealing the details of the horrific incident.
In a post to social media platform X, Salvini said: “On the very day to highlight violence against women terrible news reaches us”.
“We propose the chemical castration to stop rapists and paedophiles, and our proposal is also ready before Parliament.
“Everyone should give us a hand, conferences and red marks on faces are not enough, lets slash violence.”
The couple – both naked – were inside the 24-year-old man’s car on October 25 when they were surrounded by five men, who used a bottle to smash their way to the pair, according to TG La7.
The man bravely attempted to fight them off, begging them to leave his fiance alone, as she screamed for help.
Police say two men held him down, ignoring his desperate pleas, as the other three allegedly brutally gang-raped his partner, forcing him to watch the vile attack.
After the assault, the attackers grabbed the couple’s belongings and fled into the night, leaving the couple “terrified and confused”.
The traumatised couple immediately reported the attack, describing the men as North African migrants.
Despite their screams, due to the late hour of the night nobody came to their aid.
Details of the terrifying ordeal were kept under wraps as police hunted the alleged perpetrators before making three arrests on Tuesday morning.
Investigators have since revealed DNA samples recovered from the scene do not match one of the suspects who was identified by the young woman, however further fingerprints had been found at the scene.
Cops remain “hopeful” that the continued man hunt will turn up the remaining duo.
Two Morrocan men were arrested were found in the Roman suburb Quarticciolo, while the third – a Tunisian migrant – was arrested 350 miles away in Verona.
A police spokesperson said: “This was a particularly shocking crime and the level of violence used against the couple was terrifying”.
Police said they believe the attack began as a robbery, due to the couple’s personal items also being stolen.
Investigators have seized their mobile phones as evidence.
Backing Salvinia, other politicians have since condemned the sexual assault and said more needed to be done to improve security on the periphery of Rome.
They highlighted neglected areas which lie far from renowned tourists sites such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps.
“Many parks on the city’s outskirts are in “a serious state of abandonment”’, said Luisa Regimenti, a member of the centre-Right Forza Italia.
“We must not surrender ourselves to fear.
“We need serious intervention to restore people’s right to enjoy these green areas at any time of the night or day.”
The quiet Tor Tre park in Rome has been plagued with a shocking wave of sexual violence, as police reveal they are investigating a string of assaults that stretch back months.
The park was historically a popular area for courting couples; however, it has become a no-go zone after dark due to drug-dealing.
The first attack came in August, when a 60-year-old woman was attacked at around 6am.
The attacker – a 26-year-old Gambian migrant – later claimed he was unaware of what he was doing because he was on drugs at the time.
Police were able to find him after the construction worker was captured on local CCTV footage.
The victim was dragged into the park near the Via degli Olmi entrance and raped with such force that she suffered two broken ribs.
Despite her injuries, she managed to reach the Casilino hospital emergency room, where doctors confirmed clear signs of violent assault.
The same man was also linked to another rape just days later, when a 44-year-old woman was attacked at a bus stop.
He is now behind bars in Regina Coeli prison.
He arrived as a migrant in Italy in 2016 and was given humanitarian protection and permission to stay in 2023.
Locals held a “solidarity walk” in the park on September 6 against all forms of “gender violence”, calling for the care, safety and enhancement of the park.
Participants held banners and placards reading “If they touch one, they touch us all”, “Enough with abandonment and degradation, let’s take care of the neighbourhood” and “Stop abandonment in working-class neighbourhoods”.
Outraged locals have spoken to Italian media, saying: “Enough is enough; we are no longer citizens of our own city, our own country”.
“The park used to be a great place to go for a walk, but in the last few years it’s become a no-go zone, with drug dealers, tramps, and groups of migrants; it’s just not safe,” they added.
One man said: “I don’t let my daughter walk the dog there on her own; I will always go with her, and she is 18 years old”.
“There are no working street lights, and it’s just been allowed to run down, and gangs have taken over,” he added.
“We don’t feel safe.”
Prior to the details of the shocking attack being made public, Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni made a statement against violence against women.
“Violence against women is an act against freedom, of everyone,” she said.
“It is an intolerable phenomenon that continues to strike and must be fought relentlessly.
“In recent years, we have enacted very significant laws, toughened penalties, and strengthened tools available,” she added.
Meloni said “we must continue to do much more, every day”.
“To protect, to prevent, to support …To build an Italy in which no woman should ever feel alone, threatened, or not believed.”
Last year Meloni spoke out after it was revealed a 13-year-old girl was raped by Egyptian migrants in Sicily, after she had been dragged into a public toilet.
In another case in October of that year, an asylum seeker was alleged to have impregnated a 10-year-old girl after he raped her.
The 28-year-old Bangladeshi migrant allegedly attacked the girl at a migrant centre in Lombardy.
Before her election victory, Meloni shared a blurred video on X of an asylum seeker from Guinea allegedly raping a 55-year-old Ukrainian woman on the streets of the Italian city Piacenza, saying it reflected a growing national emergency.
“One cannot remain silent in the face of this atrocious episode of sexual violence against a Ukrainian woman carried out in daytime in Piacenza by an asylum seeker,” she said.
Now, after yet another series of brutal assaults, Tor Tre Teste park has become the grim symbol of what campaigners say is a wider crisis authorities can no longer ignore.
Italy is the main arrival point for migrants from Africa into Europe and so far this year more than 63,300 have arrived – already more than last year.











