Italy‘s deputy Prime Minister has called for the migrants who held a man down and forced him to watch as they smashed into his car and raped his 18-year-old fiancee to be chemically castrated.
Firebrand anti migration MP Matteo Salvini spoke out as a wave off revulsion swept the country as sickening details of the horrific incident were revealed by police.
Writing on X he said: ‘On the very day to highlight violence against women terrible news reaches us.
‘We propose the chemical castration to stop rapist and paedophiles, and our proposal is also ready before Parliament.
‘Everyone should give us a hand, conferences and red marks on faces are not enough, lets slash violence.’
The woman was with her 24-year-old partner in his car when they were surrounded by the five strong gang, who smashed their way into the vehicle.
Police said the group pounced as the couple parked up in a secluded park in the eastern Rome suburb of Tor Tre Teste, an area popular with courting couples but in recent years has become a no-go area due to drug dealing.
Using a bottle, they smashed their way into the car despite the man bravely trying to fight off the attackers – all described as North African migrants – and begging them to leave his girlfriend alone.
Italy’s firebrand deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini has called for the migrants who held a man down and forced him to watch as they smashed into his car and raped his 18-year-old fiancee to be chemically castrated
Migrants arriving on the Italian island of Lampedusa. Those involved in the horrifying attack were all described as North African migrants
But his frantic pleas fell on deaf ears as the terrified woman was dragged from the vehicle and raped while her boyfriend was held back and forced to watch her terrifying ordeal.
The frightening attack happened in the early hours of October 25 – but details were kept quiet by investigators as they hunted the gang responsible for the attack and eventually making three arrests early on Tuesday morning.
The park is the same one where a 60-year-old woman was attacked by a Gambian migrant in August who claimed he was unaware of what he was doing because he was under the effect of drugs.
Police said that three Moroccans had been held but the hunt for at least two others was still ongoing.
Two of the three were held in the Rome suburb of Quarticciolo and the third was arrested 350 miles away in the northern city of Verona.
DNA samples for one of the three held did not match – but he was still being held in custody along with the other two.
A police source in Rome said: ‘This was a particularly shocking crime and the level of violence used against the couple was terrifying.
‘The car window was smashed with a bottle, and the gang grabbed the woman’s phone as she screamed for them not to take it.
Before the attack was made public Italian PM Giorgia Meloni, who has vowed to tackle migration, also spoke out against violence against women
‘The boyfriend tried to stop what was happening but the attackers then dragged the women from the car and attacked her while he boyfriend looked on.’
Despite the woman’s screams because of the late hour and location no one heard her cries for help and the gang escaped before the traumatised couple were able to drive off and raise the alarm after driving to a nearby hospital.
Police said fingerprints also found at the scene matched one of those arrested and a source added they were ‘hopeful’ of catching the missing members of the gang.
The woman is also said to have recognised a photo of one of the men that was shown to her.
Locals speaking on Italian media said: ‘Enough is enough, we are no longer citizens of our own city, our own country.
‘The park used to be a great place to go for a walk but in the last few years it’s become a no go zone, drugs dealers, tramps, group of migrants, it’s just not safe.’
One man added: ‘I don’t let my daughter walk the dog their on her won, I will always go with her and she is 18 years old. There are no working street lights and it’s just been allowed to run down and gangs have taken over. We don’t feel safe.’
Before the attack was made public Italian PM Giorgia Meloni, who has vowed to tackle migration, also spoke out against violence against women.
She said: ‘Violence against women is an act against freedom, of everyone.
‘It is an intolerable phenomenon that continues to strike and must be fought relentlessly.
‘In recent years, we have enacted very significant laws, toughened penalties, and strengthened tools available.’
She added:’ We must continue to do much more, every day. To protect, to prevent, to support.
‘To build an Italy in which no woman should ever feel alone, threatened, or not believed.’
Last year PM Meloni spoke out after it was revealed a 13-year-old girl was raped by Egyptian migrants in Sicily after being dragged into a public toilet.
Italy is the main arrival point for migrants from Africa into Europe and so far this year more than 63,300 have arrived – already more than last year.











