A woman accused of murdering a 37–year–old model sobbed uncontrollably as she appeared in the dock.
Natalie Chadwick, 27, struggled to confirm her name, age and address while in court charged with killing Luke Harden.
She is accused of one count of murder with co–defendant Bhekisani Matabiswana, a Zimbabwean national known locally as Nick.
Mr Harden was found on a pavement and despite receiving treatment from paramedics at the scene, including CPR, died of his injuries.
Matabiswana, 26, and Chadwick only spoke to confirm their details during the five–minute hearing at Blackburn Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.
Mr Harden’s family and girlfriend were sat in the public gallery, supported by police officers. Members of Chadwick’s family sat just yards away.
Chadwick – wearing a grey hoodie and tracksuit bottoms – had to be helped to the cells by security staff as she was led away.
Matabiswana – wearing a blue Lonsdale hoodie – bowed his head.
Model Luke Harden, pictured, died on Saturday. Natalie Chadwick and Bhekisani Matabiswana appeared in the dock on Wednesday accused of his murder
The victim, pictured, received treatment from paramedics at the scene, including CPR, but they were unable to save him
Mr Harden was found on Newchurch Road in Bacup, Lancashire on Saturday at 12.35am.
Police are asking for dashcam and doorbell footage of the area on Saturday between 11:45pm to 12:35am
Chadwick and Matabiswana, both from Bacup, are set to appear at Preston Crown Court on Friday.
Lancashire Police previously said its thoughts were with Mr Harden’s family, who are being supported by specially trained officers.
His family have been updated on the latest developments into the police investigation.
In a tribute, his family said: ‘There are no words to describe how devastated we all are.
‘We wish our Luke could see the outpouring of love from everyone who knows him.
‘He is and will always be special to us all, as a son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin, uncle, boyfriend and friend.
Tributes poured in from the community for the 37–year–old, describing him as someone who would ‘light up the room’ with his smile
‘You will be forever in our hearts and minds, and we are comforted knowing we can shut our eyes and your beautiful face will always be smiling back at us.
‘Rest in peace, our gorgeous Luke, until we will meet again.’
Before Mr Harden was officially named, tributes also poured in on social media from the community.
One said: ‘Can’t believe the news. You were the life and soul of the party. You had a lot of time for everyone and I had a lot of time for you. Rest in peace Duke.’
Another added: ‘Been a tough one to process this morning and still quite hasn’t sunk in. Duke would literally light a room up with that smile of his. Thinking of all his family and close friends at this sad time.’
The charity Mr Harden supported through DJing, The Ginger Heart Foundation also paid its respects.
He helped plan an anniversary event in memory of Shaun Taylor, who took his own life in 2021 after a night out with friends.
Detectives are continuing their investigation and appealing for eyewitnesses who were drinking at Rosemount Working Men’s Club on Friday night.
A spokesperson said: ‘We are deeply saddened by the tragic loss of Luke. He kept in touch with us regularly and played a huge part in helping to plan our first anniversary event in memory of Shaun.
‘Luke brought excitement, creativity, and a real zest for life to everything he did. He and a wonderful team of friends dedicated their time and energy to making that event truly special for the whole community.’
The charity said Mr Harden brought ‘laughter, love and an unforgettable spirit to the event’.











