
ANOTHER inmate has allegedly gone on the run from HMP Wandsworth after he was temporarily freed to attend his brother’s wedding.
Cops have launched an urgent manhunt for Palestine Action protester Sean Middleborough, 32, after he failed to return to the Category B jail.
Middleborough was on remand over an alleged plot by the terror group to disrupt the London Stock Exchange.
He was said to be one of the Palestine Action activists allegedly planning to target the financial hub by chaining themselves to the building’s doors.
The dad-of-one was later charged with conspiracy to cause a public nuisance between last November and January this year.
According to The Telegraph, he was granted temporary bail by bungling prison officers, who allowed him to attend his brother’s wedding.
But Middleborough failed to return to the jail in Wandsworth, south-west London – becoming the latest in a series of embarrassing prison blunders.
Algerian sex offender Brahim Kaddour-Cherif, 24, was arrested on Friday after a police search following his mistaken release from Wandsworth.
Footage filmed by Sky News heard him being asked: “Why didn’t you hand yourself in?”
He yelled back: “Do your job, do your job! Look at the justice in the UK… you release people by mistake. After this they ‘ah ah ah’.
“It’s not my f***ing fault. They released me illegally. The judge, he told me – you are released on bail.”
Another prisoner, Billy Smith, 35, who was also accidentally freed from the same jail on Monday, handed himself back in on Thursday.
He arrived at the prison accompanied by his partner who he hugged before walking to the entrance of the prison as he grinned at cameras.
The wrongly released lag appeared calm with his hands in his pockets as he was surrounded by prison staff.
The blunders have intensified pressure on Justice Secretary David Lammy following the high-profile mistaken release of Hadush Kebatu.
A two-day manhunt was sparked when sex offender Kebatu was accidentally released from HMP Chelmsford.
The migrant, who had been locked up for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl, was seen strolling through the Essex town on October 24.
He was meant to be transferred to an immigration removal centre but was instead set free.
During his bail, Middleborough spoke with YouTube channel Declassified UK about returning to jail.
He said: “I have 23 other co-defendants in prison.
“So if I have to go back and I have to engage in a hunger strike in solidarity with them and the movement overall, that is what I am going to do.
“I think I might come clean and tell my son I’m not just in London by request of the King…
“… but I am actually in London by request of the King’s Government to hold me in captivity.”
A Government spokesman said: “Court bail decisions are made by judges – independently of the Government.
“Absconding is a serious criminal offence, and any defendant who commits this crime could face longer behind bars.
“The police are working urgently to recapture this individual, and we urge anyone with information to go to the police.”











