Thieves who stole £1.2million of goods including from Liverpool star Alexander Isak ordered to pay back just ONE POUND

THIEVES who stole £1.2million of goods including from Alexander Isak have been ordered pay back just ONE POUND.

Isak, 26, had his Northumberland home raided in April 2024 as part of a co-ordinated attack by the gang.

Thieves who stole from Alexander Isak when he was at Newcastle have been ordered to pay just £1Credit: Getty
Valentino Nikolov, Giacomo Nikolov, Jela Jovanovic and Charlie Jovanovic were jailed for their raids in the North EastCredit: https://x.com/NE_ROCU

Then playing for Newcastle United, a year before his British record £130m transfer to Liverpool, the striker returned home at 10pm to discover his outside bins in the TV room.

Newcastle Crown Court heard that video footage from Isak‘s “doggy cam” showed the criminals lurking around his upmarket property.

Meanwhile, CCTV footage showed three men – who all had previous theft and/or burglary convictions – in the living room while the woman acted as the getaway driver.

The burglars made off with £68,000 worth of jewellery, £10,000 in cash and the footballer’s £120,000 Audi RS6 from his house in Darras Hall.

BEAUTY

Win a 2025 Volkswagen Tiguan + £2,000 cash or £33k cash from just 21p with our code


LIONS DEN

England almost certain to face Argentina or Spain in World Cup after draw change

Brothers Valentino Nikolov, 32, and Giacomo Nikolov, 28, their sister Jela Jovanovic, 43, and her son Charlie Jovanovic, 23, also struck on two previous occasions in the same week in the North-East.

They snatched £1m of goods including designer clothing, handbags, jewellery and a CBE medal from one house while the owners were away.

And the following night, they took £100,000 worth of designer clothes and accessories from another house.

They then targeted Isak after scouting out the Newcastle training ground for two days.

BEST FREE BETS AND BETTING SIGN UP OFFERS

The group wore gloves and masks, switched their phones off and used stolen number plates for their raids after arriving in the UK by ferry days earlier and and used a campervan as their “base of operations”.

The Italian family were described by prosecutors as professional touring burglars.

They were arrested in the Birmingham area on April 13 – nine days after they stole from Isak – and sentenced in May 2025 for between six and ten years each.

However, they returned to court on Monday for a hearing under the Proceeds of Crime Act.

Prosecutor Daniel Cordey said the gang benefited by £1,266,285.93 through their crimes.

The judge ordered Charlie Jovanovic to pay back £1,135.50, the amount already sized by police in a raid of the gang’s motor home.

But that was the only money that could be “realised”, with no assets found for the other three.

As a result, the three siblings were told to pay a nominal £1 fee – with seven days in prison if they failed to stump up the money.

However, Judge Robert Spragg did add that if they were found with assets in the future – “for example driving around Italy in a fast car or owning a property” – prosecutors could seek new proceedings to “satisfy the amount outstanding”.

I cannot deny I feel a sense of unease when I return to my home


Alexander Isak

Isak – who saw the sports car recovered with damage to the boot – gave an impact statement, confirming he had lived in the area since August 2022 when he signed for Newcastle.

He said: “I have not experienced any problems with either criminal or other behaviour which negatively impacted on my well being.

“Things changed however on April 4, 2024 when, following an evening at a colleague’s house I returned to my home address to find I had been burgled and my car stolen from the drive.

“It appeared that a significant level of force had been used to attack the property and a large safe had been thrown over an upstairs balcony.

“An internal wall had been destroyed in order to remove the safe. My car had been used as a battering ram to force through the gates to my house.

“None of the property stolen from my home was ever recovered.

“The attack on my home has left me with a sense of unease and I fear it could re-occur now the thieves know the layout and entry points to my home.

LAVALEY VIEW

Huge volcanic eruption sends ash 6 miles high & poisonous gas toward villages


TRAITORS CHAOS

Bombshell evidence that proves Traitors star ISN’T dad to Charlotte’s baby

“There has, from what I have been told, been a level of sophistication in planning and execution of the attack on my home, which I also find unnerving.

“I cannot deny I feel a sense of unease when I live and return to my home.”

Isak left Newcastle for Liverpool in the summer for a record £130mCredit: EPA

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.