Small boat migrant who raped girl, 15, to appeal conviction in ‘final insult’ to horrified victim

An image collage containing 1 images, Image 1 shows Mugshot of Amin Abedi Mofrad
newspress-collage-d10xs94hb-1763761048682

A SMALL boat migrant who raped a 15-year-old girl in an alleyway is to appeal against his conviction — in a “final insult” to his horrified victim.

Amin Abedi Mofrad, 35 and pictured above, got 12½ years last month after a jury took less than three hours to convict him.

A judge said “dangerous” Mofrad, whose attack was in Oxford, was highly likely to strike again unless caged for a long time.

Sources said the brute applied to the Court of Appeal on October 29, just days before his time limit to do so was up.

It is unclear what grounds the Iranian will use to challenge the conviction.

No hearing date has been set.

COP OUT

France backs away from small boats pledge… as 60k migrants enter UK under Keir


FRESH ATTACK

Keir blames Brexit for Channel crisis & labels small boats ‘Farage Boats’

A friend of his victim’s family said: “The young girl hoped the sentence would be the end of it but now the family are scared they’ll be dragged into more hearings and that there’s even a slim chance Mofrad could walk free.

“It feels to them like it is his final insult.”

The victim’s mum previously told The Sun that her daughter “carries a pain and trauma no child should ever know”.

Mofrad, of Reading, who has 11 assault convictions, claims he would be put to death for “turning his back on Islam” if he is returned to his homeland.

Mugshot of Amin Abedi Mofrad, a bald man with a dark beard and mustache, wearing a black top.
Convicted rapist Amin Abedi Mofrad has applied to challenge his sentenceCredit:

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.