A young British man has died after suffering a ‘catastrophic’ allergic reaction while travelling in Argentina.
Harry Kitto died on Friday surrounded by his family after showing ‘strength and determination’ in a week-long battle in a Buenos Aires hospital.
The 24-year-old, who describes himself as a barber and photographer on social media, had been travelling around South America with his girlfriend Naomi when the tragedy struck.
Medics fought to save the young Brit, from Falmouth, in Cornwall, but he was declared brain dead. The nature of his allergic reaction has not been disclosed.
He had been posting photos from his trip on his Instagram and TikTok account, with snaps showing him on the Salkantay trek and reaching Machu Picchu in Peru.
A Gofundme set up to repatriate his body has raised nearly £57,000 in one day towards a £70,000 target.
His grieving parents, father Leigh Kitto and mother Kerry Burt, both posted emotional tributes on Facebook as they announced his death.
Leigh wrote: ‘Sadly our son Harry passed away in Argentina doing what he loves most.
Harry Kitto, 24, died in a Buenos Aires hospital on Friday surrounded by his family after showing ‘strength and determination’ in a week-long battle with a ‘catastrophic’ allergic reaction
The 24-year-old, who describes himself as a barber and photographer on social media, had been travelling around South America with his girlfriend Naomi when the tragedy struck
‘Please can I ask that you take the time to read about Harry and his cause in the link below and any contribution, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated.
‘Love you son, until we meet again.’
Kerry said she is ‘heartbroken’ and ‘we are now facing the unimaginable task of bringing him home’.
A statement from Harry’s family was posted on the fundraiser in which he was described as ‘brave, strong, and full of love until the very end’.
‘Harry fought so hard, and we have never been prouder of him,’ it read.
‘Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who has already offered donations, shared messages, and stood with us during this nightmare.
‘Your kindness has helped keep us standing and will now help bring Harry home.’
Jay Wicks, who created the fundraiser, posted an update today saying the ‘kindness, love and generosity’ had left them speechless.
‘Every message, share, and donation has helped lift us through the hardest days,’ he wrote.
‘Because of your support, we’re now liaising with a trusted funeral director in Argentina, who will begin the process of moving Harry in the morning.
‘We’re likely to hear the next updates from the funeral director early afternoon UK time, once their day starts over in Argentina.
‘This has been a heartbreaking time, but seeing how many people care about Harry and about us has given us strength we didn’t know we had.’
The family said any remaining funds will be donated to the Natasha Allergy Research Foundation.











