White House guest suddenly collapses in front of Donald Trump live on TV inside the Oval Office

An employee from a healthcare giant at Donald Trump‘s drug pricing event in the Oval Office collapsed on Thursday.

The man, whom the White House has refused to identify, fainted just feet away from the President, who was seated at the Resolute Desk. 

The health scare led to the event being paused, with White House aides quickly telling reporters that they needed to leave the Oval Office.

Dr. Mehmet Oz, who serves as Trump’s Administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, jumped into action, helping the man to the floor and then offering him medical attention.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said the attendee was doing fine moments later. 

‘During the most favored nations Oval Office announcement, a representative with one of the companies fainted. The White House medical unit quickly jumped into action, and the gentleman is okay. The press conference will resume shortly,’ she said in a statement. 

The President later acknowledged the incident. 

‘One of the representatives of the companies, one of the companies, got a little bit light-headed. You saw he went down. And he’s fine. They just sent him out, he’s got doctor’s care, but he’s fine,’ Trump said. ‘So we had a little bit of an interruption, sorry about that.’  

President Donald Trump (left) stands by after a drug company worker fainted in the Oval Office on Thursday

President Donald Trump (left) stands by after a drug company worker fainted in the Oval Office on Thursday 

The man (second from left) is captured as he begins to faint in the Oval Office Thursday in the middle of the President's announcement on drug pricing

The man (second from left) is captured as he begins to faint in the Oval Office Thursday in the middle of the President’s announcement on drug pricing

Dr Mehmet Oz and others help a drug company executive who passed out during an event in the Oval Office where Trump was announcing drug price reductions

Dr Mehmet Oz and others help a drug company executive who passed out during an event in the Oval Office where Trump was announcing drug price reductions

Trump was announcing that he was tackling the price of the ‘fat drug.’

Attendees included executives from Novo Nordisk, which makes the popular weight-loss shot Ozempic, and Eli Lilly, the maker of Zepbound. 

The White House announced that the deal would allow some weight loss pills to be available for just $149 a month.  

Medicare enrollees will also have more access to the drugs. 

In return, drug makers will get a break on Trump’s tariffs on imported pharmaceutical products. 

Trump lauded the weight-loss drugs, saying that they don’t have the same list of side effects as lots of other prescriptions on the market.  

‘So far, I’ve never heard anything bad about them,’ Trump said at the top of his remarks. ‘Is there anything bad about them?’ he asked Health Secretary Robert F Kennedy Jr., who was standing nearby. 

The president then went around introducing members of the Cabinet and staff.

The man (fourth from left) passed out at Trump's Oval Office event on Thursday

The man (fourth from left) passed out at Trump’s Oval Office event on Thursday 

A White House aide (left) and a member of the Secret Service (center) usher members of the media out of the Oval Office after the guest collapsed

A White House aide (left) and a member of the Secret Service (center) usher members of the media out of the Oval Office after the guest collapsed

He asked Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick if he was taking Ozempic.

‘Not yet,’ Lutnick replied. 

Trump then outed one of his communications aides for taking weight loss medication.

Kennedy said the drugs, known as GLP-1s, will allow the American public to lose ‘125 million pounds by this time next year.’ 

‘It is going to have dramatic effects on human health in his country,’ the HHS secretary added.  

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.