MasterChef star Gregg Wallace is ‘fired by the BBC’ after sexual misconduct probe as he condemns the corporation in social media post

Gregg Wallace has reportedly been fired by the BBC following a nine month sexual misconduct investigation. 

But the former MasterChef star condemned the corporation in a scathing social media post saying he had been cleared of ‘the most serious and sensational accusations’. 

Writing on Instagram, Wallace said he had taken the decision to go public before the Silkins report was published as ‘I cannot sit in silence while my reputation is further damaged to protect others’. 

The 60-year-old had stepped down from MasterChef while complaints from 13 women about historical allegations of misconduct were investigated. 

Wallace said ‘the most damaging claims (including allegations from public figures which have not been upheld) were found to be baseless’. 

He said he had recognised ‘that some of my humour and language, at times, was inappropriate’. 

A source told The Sun that Wallace was ‘both furious and devastated’ by the BBC’s decision to axe him.  

‘I was hired by the BBC and MasterChef as the cheeky greengrocer. A real person with warmth, character, rough edges and all,’ Wallace said. 

‘For over two decades, that authenticity was part of the brand. Now, in a sanitised world, that same personality is seen as a problem.’  

Gregg Wallace has reportedly been fired by the BBC following a nine month sexual misconduct investigation

Gregg Wallace has reportedly been fired by the BBC following a nine month sexual misconduct investigation 

At least 13 people made formal complaints against Wallace, with others alleging inappropriate behaviour on social media

At least 13 people made formal complaints against Wallace, with others alleging inappropriate behaviour on social media 

A source reportedly said Wallace had been cleared of the most high profile allegations that had been brought by Penny Lancaster and Kirsty Wark. 

‘But the BBC has made it clear there is no way back for him. He is devastated,’ they said.

The report is to be officially published on Thursday, but, according to The Sun, Wallace’s legal team have seen the report.

This is a breaking news story. More to follow. 

Source link

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.